Your tasks and responsibilities
Within the €1bn+ dermatology business of Bayer Consumer Health, you will work at the interface of Marketing and R&D, being responsible for developing innovative ideas and initiate R&D projects that will make a difference to the growth profile of well-known consumer brands such as Bepanthen and Canesten.
Reporting to the Head of the R&D Unit for Dermatology, you will:
• Lead cross-functional R&D projects from Ideation to
Development, providing technical and scientific expertise &
guidance for the development of Qualification Plan
• Leverage the Science of the Dermatology Category and
translates it into highly relevant consumer experiences and high
value new products including new and disruptive ideas for
innovation in the dermatology space, including “beyond the
cream” approaches and new technologies that will satisfy
• Co-ordinate appropriate Medical, Regulatory, Claims, Products
Research, Packaging & Design and Global Innovation
Development Center activities for concept development as well
as feasibility and early innovation initiatives
• Lead development of Target Product Profile for dermatology
projects and proactively identifies, mitigates and communicates
project risks with Senior Management
• Oversee and provide technical/scientific expertise and guidance
for external technical developments as well as evaluation of
external opportunities like licensing and merger & acquisitions
Who you are
• MD, Ph.D. or PharmD with 3 years or Master’s degree with 5
years of experience with excellent scientific acumen and
commercial achievements to have generated a track-record of
accomplishments in the Industry.
• A disruptor who brings fresh ideas and has a great
understanding of consumer needs in dermatology, is familiar with
the competitive landscape and trends in this space and is not
afraid to take risks in thinking out of the box.
• Increasing responsibility in cosmetic or dermatological R&D
including demonstrated experience in managing complex
developments (NPD), Open Innovation and Product Research.
• Knowledge of development processes and regulations for
dermatological product developments (cosmetic, medical
devices, pharmaceutical products).
• Ability to make clear choices based on higher-value, long-term
criteria that best promote Bayer Consumer Health's business
needs, and to articulate these choices effectively to internal
• Proven ability in “Enterprise Thinking” managing change, while
delivering results in an ambiguous and matrix environment.
• Capable to influence while maintaining excellent working
relationships with associates, internal and external collaborators.
• Demonstrated experience in being able to take the Science of
the Category and translate it into Consumer Experiences