Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Global Medical Affairs Physician MD
Your tasks and responsibilities
To direct the Global Medical Strategy, planning and implementation of global medical activities for a Bayer tumor-agnostic Oncology drug and its respective testing component. Expertise and cross-functional collaborations will be key for this Global position
• Provide the Medical Strategy for Global Phase IV Medical Affairs.
• Plans and coordinates the design, conduct, analysis, reporting and
publication of Bayer Oncology Global Phase IV Medical Affairs
• Provides strategic review of Oncology Investigator Initiated
Research and Post-Marketing Surveillance studies.
• Ensures all regional studies are consistent with agreed Global
• Provide Medical expertise and insight on commercial issues
through membership of the Oncology Business Core Team (BCT).
• Plans and conducts Scientific Advisory Boards with Thought
Leaders (TLs) and External Customers.
• Represents Bayer viewpoint on products to TLs, Scientific
Advisors, Health Authorities and to other External Stakeholders.
• Provides Medical Affairs input to Global Clinical Development
• Provides Medical Probability of Success and Feasibility
Assessments to Global Marketing colleagues in relation to Bayer
• Provide Medical Review of promotional material from the BCT for
Global Use (e.g. Product Monographs, Brochures, Press Releases,
Q&As, and Field Communications).
• Lead Medical Affairs activity connected to the BCT Scientific
Publication Process, Global Thought Leaders Development
Programs and Global Medical Congress Activity.
• Provide Medical Affairs input to Core Labeling and
Pharmacovigilance documents for marketed products (e.g. risk
management plans and benefit analysis for risk-benefit
• Establish and Lead Medical Affairs Matrix teams for Global Brands
Who you are
• Medical Doctor (Physician), preferably Pathologist. Medical training/experience. • A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Clinical Development and/or Medical Affairs function of a Global Healthcare Organization or equivalent in Academic environment or Regional or Country Pharmaceutical environment. • Understanding of drug development process over different stages. • Understanding of companion diagnostic development process • Experience of developing and delivering presentations and publications in English. • Strong written and oral communication skills. • A strong Global mindset. • Understanding of Global regulations and guidelines. • Experience of effectively managing risk and compliance issues. • Experience of managing teams across cultures and geographies. • Experience of participating in cross-functional teams. • Experience of working across and building effective working relationships between functions. • Proven record of relationship building, both internally and externally to the organization. • High degree of fluency in written and verbal English required. • Great presentation skills.
Reference Code: 0000210794