Your tasks and responsibilities
To direct the Global Medical Strategy, planning and implementation of global medical activities for a Bayer tumor-agnostic Oncology drug and its respective testing component. Expertise and cross-functional collaborations will be key for this Global position
• Provide the Medical Strategy for Global Phase IV Medical Affairs.
• Plans and coordinates the design, conduct, analysis, reporting and
publication of Bayer Oncology Global Phase IV Medical Affairs
• Provides strategic review of Oncology Investigator Initiated
Research and Post-Marketing Surveillance studies.
• Ensures all regional studies are consistent with agreed Global
• Provide Medical expertise and insight on commercial issues
through membership of the Oncology Business Core Team (BCT).
• Plans and conducts Scientific Advisory Boards with Thought
Leaders (TLs) and External Customers.
• Represents Bayer viewpoint on products to TLs, Scientific
Advisors, Health Authorities and to other External Stakeholders.
• Provides Medical Affairs input to Global Clinical Development
• Provides Medical Probability of Success and Feasibility
Assessments to Global Marketing colleagues in relation to Bayer
• Provide Medical Review of promotional material from the BCT for
Global Use (e.g. Product Monographs, Brochures, Press Releases,
Q&As, and Field Communications).
• Lead Medical Affairs activity connected to the BCT Scientific
Publication Process, Global Thought Leaders Development
Programs and Global Medical Congress Activity.
• Provide Medical Affairs input to Core Labeling and
Pharmacovigilance documents for marketed products (e.g. risk
management plans and benefit analysis for risk-benefit
• Establish and Lead Medical Affairs Matrix teams for Global Brands
Who you are
• Medical Doctor (Physician), preferably Pathologist. Medical
• A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Clinical Development
and/or Medical Affairs function of a Global Healthcare Organization
or equivalent in Academic environment or Regional or Country
• Understanding of drug development process over different stages.
• Understanding of companion diagnostic development process
• Experience of developing and delivering presentations and
publications in English.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• A strong Global mindset.
• Understanding of Global regulations and guidelines.
• Experience of effectively managing risk and compliance issues.
• Experience of managing teams across cultures and geographies.
• Experience of participating in cross-functional teams.
• Experience of working across and building effective working
relationships between functions.
• Proven record of relationship building, both internally and
externally to the organization.
• High degree of fluency in written and verbal English required.
• Great presentation skills.