Global Development Leader/ Vice President- Oncology
Your tasks and responsibilities
The Global Development Leader Oncology (GDL) is as Vice President part of the Late Stage Clinical Development Leadership Team. He/she will be responsible to ensure the development of a global clinical strategy and the operational conduct of global clinical development activities for all clinical development projects within the worldwide Global Clinical Development Organization including multiple programs in the Oncology portfolio with an emphasis on precision medicine. This role includes line management responsibilities of multiple Clinical Development Leaders located in several countries. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for the clinical leadership of the Global Program Team(s) (GPTs) ensuring appropriate representation of the programs under their leadership internally and externally.
- Global, strategic clinical oversight of oncology molecules in their programs.
- Development of new molecular entities from Phase I through Phase III and registration/launch, and development for marketed products designed to optimize product value e.g. Phase IV studies, development of new indications, or development of new formulations. The purpose is to accelerate, streamline and strengthen the global clinical development effort so that investigational drugs may be approved more rapidly and positioned more competitively in the international market place (including the U.S.). For drugs already marketed, the purpose is to expand indications and/or support marketing on a global basis.
- Managing and directing a team of 3 Clinical Development Leaders (CDLs).
- Proactively manage the Bayer R&D portfolio of the respective molecules in the programs, including proactive search, evaluation and execution of licensing opportunities in close interaction with the Global Therapeutic Area Heads in Research and Clinical Development and the respective BU, and appropriate decision making by the respective internal committees.
- Sets project-related objectives and personal development goals with CDLs' and conducts their annual performance evaluation.
- Develop and maintain a motivated and competent staff by assuring that hiring, compensation, development, and advancement are all in line with talents and expectations and by working with key departmental managers across legal entities in planning, development and delivery of all services.
- Close interaction with Early Development and Research to provide critical medical input and guidance for the management of the Bayer portfolio within Oncology.
compliance as fundamental business principle in his/her
Who you are
- Highly successful M.D. with extensive professional and academic experience, preferably with board-certification in oncology or hematology/oncology
- Experience in late development phases including leading of one or more agents to a regulatory approval is preferred
- Current knowledge and experience of drug development in patients and regulatory review and responses
- Knowledge of the whole R&D process and the key drivers for success
- Strong understanding of the elements of drug development programs
- Exposure to and understanding of commercial considerations in relation to drug development
- Able to manage diverse activities to deliver milestones according to set budgets. Sets priorities and organizes a team effectively
- Able to manage and develop both direct reports and matrixed team members, including performance management and change management
- Effective resource management including demonstrated fiscal responsibility,
- Evidence of ability to lead and implement continuous improvement
- Capable of managing and developing team members from diverse technical backgrounds, including deep technical / scientific expertise
- Personal Characteristics & Leadership Behaviors
- Compliant with business processes whilst retaining a flexible entrepreneurial and open-minded approach to new and creative ideas
- Exhibits good leadership behaviors: Sustain Focus on Performance, Manage Changes, Create an Inclusive Environment, Develop People, Align across the organizations
- Fluency in English
Functional Area: [sap_fa_16]
Entry Level: 5