Your tasks and responsibilities
As Country IT Head Switzerland you will be contributing to the business growth through the provision of innovative, efficient and effective IT solutions for the Divisional Head Quarter of Consumer Health, the Head Quarters of Hematology, Ophthalmology and Oncology, the Swiss domestic business of Pharma, Consumer Health and Crop Science (CS) and for one of our global CS production sites.
As businesses are increasingly reliant on digital capabilities, your role as IT manager is crucial to business success. You will foster a culture of innovation and drive business growth through IT enabled innovations, introducing new digital capabilities and strongly driving the organization’s digital transformation.
The services that the local IT organization provides does span from Business Partnering to demand-to-supply services as a one-stop shop for three legal entities. The current 32 FTE sized IT Team is co-located among Basel, Zurich and Muttenz, while the IT Head is located in Zurich or Basel with split of working time between both sites.
• Directly accountable for providing direction and leadership to the IT
• Accountable to provide services to the divisions that are fully
competitive in terms of effectiveness, efficiency and reliable IT
• Reshape the IT environment towards digital capabilities (data as
an asset, cloud first, customer centric, additional channels to the
customer) while ensuring business continuity throughout the
• Maximize value contribution of IT to Bayer by strengthening the
external customer focus of IT while staying efficient in line with the
country strategy as well the global divisional strategic objectives.
• Develop and implement local IT strategy aligned with global IT and
• Provide leadership and guidance to the business management on
IT strategies and solutions that create competitive advantage to the
• Volunteer ideas and foster innovation within the country IT. Identify
potential for streamlining the IT solution portfolio.
• Establishes a well-managed ecosystem of Cloud partners and is
accountable to provide best in class third party service
• Ensure appropriate information risk and security management for
• Participate in and support global initiatives and projects; ensure
active input from a country perspective.
• Actively participate in global IT community and cooperate closely
with IT International.
• Accountable to manage IT-budgets and provide reporting based on
global directives and processes.
• Maintain relationships in external professional communities and
• Align yearly objective setting in the organization to achieve
functional excellence across all parts of the IT organization.
Who you are
• Multiple years of progressive experience managing and directing
broad based IT organization
• Experience in life sciences industry strongly preferred
• University degree with at least 7 years applicable business
• At least 5 years of improving business processes through systems
and managing projects, programs and portfolios
• IT system design, development, implementation and support
• Strategic Mindset, ability to drive a vision and skills to engage and
• Strong business acumen and change management competencies
• High affinity to digital and IT market trends (e.g. Blockchain,
Artificial Intelligence, IoT) and the ability to match these trends to
• Knowledge of various IT fields (e.g. IT project management,
application lifecycle management, IT infrastructure, IT support, IT
• Strong leadership skills in dealing with colleagues and partners in
a large distributed and diverse organization
• Leadership skills in career development, motivation of personnel
and personnel selection in order to build effective teams and to
attract and develop talents
• Role model for the Bayer LIFE values: Leadership, Integrity,
Flexibility and Efficiency
• Vendor management skills to manage internal and external service
• High proficiency level in English and fluent in German