Commercial Data Strategy & Scouting Deputy Director
Your tasks and responsibilities
The Data Science and Advanced Analytics (DSAA) is part of the Digital and Commercial Innovation at Bayer Pharma. We are globally responsible to define, develop and execute the Data Science, AI, Machine Learning and Advanced Analytics strategy. Based on this we translate data into insights and insights into business actions through deep business understanding. We are a growing global data science organization covering all Therapeutic Areas and markets for Bayer Pharma.
As the responsible for Commercial Data Strategy & Scouting, you will lead the data governance, data management process, new data source evaluation and digital measurement framework for Bayer Pharma Marketing and Sales.
You will be accountable for developing and executing data management and data flow vision & strategy across all Pharma Commercial activities (Marketing, Sales, Strategic Decision Making, Digital and Market Access). Your key deliverables include data sourcing and delivery models, translating business use cases and business rules into data assets, sponsoring strategic partnerships, capability development and leading and driving innovation aligned with the latest technology.
In this role, you will lead and influence significant levels of business change and collaborate extensively with business partners in the global Therapeutic Area marketing and Commercial Operations teams in key markets across the globe. You will collaborate with both internal and external alliances to ensure global delivery of end-to-end data management activities to timeline and high-quality standards across Data Science & Analytic portfolio. You will be accountable for driving a global culture of delivering to established milestones with the highest degree of customer satisfaction, emphasizing communication and transparency of operations. Tasks:
- Translate key commercial business processes (e.g. CRM, Multi-Channel Cycle Planning, Brand Planning, etc), into data flow and data assets.
- Develop and maintain a KPI and Data Dictionary that will ensure global compliance across Markets and Business Units
- Ensure globally, that Commercial data provided for reporting, dashboards and advanced analytics purposes have high integrity, high quality, timely and fit for purpose to meet the needs of the commercial organizations.
- Working closely with IT, ensure the implementation and ongoing development of global data and analytic platform across the data injection, data integration, visualization layer and in the advanced analytics (AI) space, ensuring alignment to global Data Science & Analytic strategy
- Develop Digital Measurement Framework to ensure we monitor and optimize digital campaigns and digital engagement with our customers and patients
- Oversee and guide establishment of asset level strategies to ensure consistency, efficiency, and excellence in the application of standards, and establishment of advanced, predictive data monitoring practices.
- Constantly assess external partner landscape for new data sources, innovative approaches that can expand and enable our data science and advanced analytics agenda in Pharma Commercial
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with collaborators and suppliers, and ensure appropriate oversight to enable fit for purpose delivery of Commercial data
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders across Marketing, Commercial Operations, IT, and within Data Science & Analytics team.
- Overseeing resources, budgets, contingency plans, risk mitigation and issue management to drive project outcomes. Ensure delivery to agreed scope, time, cost, quality in alignment with stakeholder expectations
Who you are
- Post-graduate degree (Master’s/Ph.D) in quantitative field (Statistics, Management Science, Operations Research, Engineering, Finance, etc.) OR Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field combined with MBA from globally leading school
- 6+ years of commercial data management work experience, of which 3+ years of recent experience in Pharma industry. Global experience is highly desirable.
- Hands on experience handling and analyzing key Pharma commercial internal and external data types (patient longitudinal, claims data, sales data like IQVIA data, Cegedim, CRM data (Veeva, SF.com etc) , Sales Force efficiency data, data related to marketing, promotional activities, financial data)
- Hands on experiences with collecting, integrating, reporting and analysis of Digital Marketing metrics.
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to drive multiple high profile, cross-market projects to successful completion in parallel, on time and within budget.
- Ability to influence cross-functional key stakeholders to impact decision-making; Willingness to “have an opinion” backed up by data and the confidence to influence key stakeholders in meetings and one to one basis is required.
- Proficiency and experience of in R, Python, and/or SQL. Proficiency in data visualization tools like Tableau is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as demonstrable in oral management presentations, succinct PowerPoint stories and layout, as well as structured syntheses and recommendations
- Ability to manage undefined scopes and put structure into large-scale ambiguity
- Fluency in English
This position can be either be based in Berlin (Germany) or Basel (Switzerland).
Functional Area: [sap_fa_19]
Entry Level: 5