At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Intern Digital Transf. & IT Strategy 12 months contract (m/f/d)
BAYER / IT
Bayer is a Life Science company with a more than 150-year history and core competencies in the areas of healthcare and agriculture. With our innovative products, we are contributing to finding solutions to some of the major challenges of our time.
We believe that a growing and aging world population needs better and more sustainable solutions for health and nutrition.
UNIT / TEAM
At Bayer Consumer Health we believe that modern and innovative technologies offer tremendous opportunities to transform our business and improving everyday health of our consumers. A dedicated Digital Transformation and IT unit accelerates this transformation by building the data analytics foundation to generate new business insights, establishing digital platforms to reduce time-to-market, and drive technology innovation to enable personalized self-care solutions beyond products. Within this unit the strategy team oversees and drives the holistic transformation with responsibilities such as strategy development and portfolio management.
YOUR TASKS AND EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Support strategy development and investment portfolio planning with research and assessments of industry trends, technologies and partnering opportunities to shape the digital transformation
- Track and monitor strategy/investment portfolio execution (e.g. cost, benefits, status and risks)
- Contribute to further optimization of internal setup and processes of IT organization
- Help aligning and communicating results and outcomes utilizing different measures (e.g. preparation of alignment workshops, organization of internal events, social media blogging and video)
- Identify potential gaps based on concrete technology opportunities
- Predict and evaluate the impact of emerging technologies on the business
WHO ARE YOU
- Enrolled student (m/f/d) in computer science, economics/business administration or related field
- First practical experience through previous internships are beneficial
- Ability to analyze trends and develop relevant insights that relate to strategy
- Good analytical and conceptual skills paired with financial acumen
- Strong intercultural and communication skills
- Fluent in English both in spoken and written form
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Tools (primarily PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
Internships at Bayer are designed to help you gain experience, learn new things and decide which direction you want your career to go in. You will perform practical tasks under the guidance of experienced members of staff, helping you to enhance your theoretical knowledge in the process.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Bayer is committed to providing barrier-free access and support-facilities for individuals with disabilities - during the application process and beyond. Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to request any support / equipment they may need via the contact information below.
Switzerland : Basel-City : Basel