At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Global Medical Director Oncology
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide the medical strategy for globally conducted or supported medical affairs studies
- Plan and coordinates the design, conduct and analysis reporting and publication of oncology global phase 2-4 medical affairs studies
- Provide strategic review of oncology IIRS and post-marketing studies
- Ensure all regional studies are consistent with agreed global medical strategy, as mentioned in the medical plan
- Provide medical expertise and insight on commercial issues to cross functional partners
- Plan and conducts scientific advisory boards with key opinion leaders and external customers
- Represent oncology global organization viewpoint on products to key opinion leaders, scientific advisors, health authorities and to other external stakeholders
- Provide medical affairs input to global clinical development programs
- Provide medical probability of success and feasibility assessments to global marketing colleagues in relation to Prostate Cancer Oncology products
- Provide medical review of promotional material for global use e.g. product monographs, brochures, press releases, Q&A, field communications
- Lead medical affairs activity connected to the scientific publication process, and global medical congress activity
- Provide medical affairs input to core labeling and pharmacovigilance documents for marketed products
- Establish and lead medical affairs matrix teams for global brands in oncology
WHO YOU ARE
- Medical doctor (physician) with advanced postgraduate. Medical training/experience, in oncology / urology / radiation oncology. Non-MD candidates are considered if they can demonstrate extensive knowledge of prostate cancer
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a medical affairs function with proven track record in a global healthcare organization in oncology
- Ability to drive processes and lead cross functional teams while being an appreciated team member.
- Global mindset and Experience of managing teams across cultures and geographies.
- Understanding of and ability to act on cultural differences in a global environment
- In depth knowledge of prostate cancer, its disease stages and treatments is ideal.
- Must be firm in interpretation and communication of pre-clinical and clinical data
- Understanding of the late-stage drug development process over different stages
- Experience of developing and delivering presentations and publications
- Strong written and oral communication/presentation skills
- Experience of effectively managing risk and compliance issues
- Experience of participating in cross-functional teams
- Experience of working across and building effective working relationships between functions
- High degree of fluency in written and verbal English is mandatory
- Willingness to travel
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Bayer is committed to providing barrier-free access and support-facilities for individuals with disabilities - during the application process and beyond. Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to request any support / equipment they may need via the contact information below.
Switzerland : Basel-City : Basel