At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Senior Director, Clinical Development Lead Immuno Oncology
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be responsible for the design and execution of the clinical strategy of early assets based on deep scientific and disease biology understanding,
- translational expertise and medical knowledge, including patient safety and data integrity
- Lead the Global Early Clinical Development (ECD) Team, a cross functional multinational team of internal experts, from candidate selection to the
- design and execution of the required exploratory clinical studies and advancement to registration studies
- Represent the ECD at the Global Project Team
- Create and translate Target Product Profile into clinical strategy
- Be responsible for the medical section of the protocol
- Oversee the assessment of study safety and efficacy data and ensure appropriate contact is in place for study medical and patient safety aspects
- Be responsible for study medical/safety aspects and risk-benefit assessments supported by Pharmacovigilance and Clinical Trial Scientist
- Ensure Clinical Study Report (CSR) medical content adheres to acceptable medical standards
- May supervise employees, both directly and indirectly through a matrix structure
- Develop high impact relationships with internal partners across research, translational science, and clinical development functions
- Establish, lead, and manage relationships with key external stakeholders (e.g. Key Opinion Leaders, health authorities)
- Represent the team to other decision/governance meetings, senior leaders.
WHO YOU ARE
- M.D., M.D./Ph.D. or equivalent degree. Oncology / Hematology board certification is a plus.
- Passion and track-record for developing novel cancer drugs based on a deep understanding of therapeutic science and clinical landscape
- 8+ years’ experience in exploratory clinical drug development within a pharmaceutical / biotech environment, or as an academic investigator
- Experience in Immuno-Oncology
- Understanding of the scientific methods and tools used in early development studies, biomarkers, translational modeling, biostats and a good understanding of Oncology medical needs and clinical trial landscape
- Participated in clinical oncology studies with molecular targeted or immunological therapies
- Understanding of basic science relevant to clinical oncology (biochemistry, immunology, molecular biology and/or genetics)
- Experience with health authority interactions globally
- Participated and preferably led a drug development program to registration or IND filing
- Excellent scientific standing among peers and the ability to address issues with scientific rigor and creative solutions
- High energy with focus and vision; self-motivated with a high sense of urgency, proactive and solutions-oriented
- Ability to develop and implement strategic growth plan
- Strong consensus-building skills and the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams towards sound decision-making
- Excellent communication skills, high level of comfort/success working in a matrix environment (global/multi-cultural/cross functional), including
- contributing daily to building trusting, establishing clarity, collaboration and driving results;
- Provide subject matter expertise and mentor others;
- Networking and alliance management.
This role could be located in any of our global locations across the globe (Basel, Berlin, UK, Whippany).
Sie suchen eine Herausforderung, in der Sie Ihre Leidenschaft für Innovationen einbringen können? Sie möchten Teil eines globalen Teams werden und gemeinsam mit uns das Leben auf der Welt verbessern? Dann bewerben Sie sich online mit Ihren vollständigen Bewerbungsunterlagen (Anschreiben, Lebenslauf, Zeugnisse).
Bayer begrüßt Bewerbungen aller Menschen ungeachtet von ethnischer Herkunft, nationaler Herkunft, Geschlecht, Alter, körperlichen Merkmalen, sozialer Herkunft, Behinderung, Mitgliedschaft in einer Gewerkschaft, Religion, Familienstand, Schwangerschaft, sexueller Orientierung, Geschlechtsidentität oder einem anderen sachfremden Kriterium nach geltendem Recht. Wir bekennen uns zu dem Grundsatz, alle Bewerberinnen und Bewerber fair zu behandeln und Benachteiligungen zu vermeiden.
Funktionsbereich: Klinische Entwicklung