At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Global Precision Medicine Leader
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will be Precision Medicine Leader (PML) for development of one or more programs and resume in this role strategic, clinical, scientific, technical and budgetary planning for the assigned projects.
- Act as an equal member of the GPT, when required. Will provide relevant Oncology expertise to GPT when evaluating and developing precision medicine strategies
- Acts as thought partner to research leaders, proactively following early projects and taking an active role from pre-IND, assembling resources for subsequent biomarker activities on the project. Will draw on resources from across the organization, to ensure delivery of appropriate biomarker strategy
- Ensures coordination of all aspects of biomarker delivery in synchronization with the drug R&D process, informed by deep understanding of clinical development in Oncology and state-of-the-art biomarker use in Oncology.
- Will own, source and develop distinctive biomarker knowledge to support Bayer differentiation strategy, when necessary.
- Defines, communicates and executes on the biomarker strategy for each development program where he/she is PML; represents biomarker related aspects internally and externally in meetings with authorities and ethics committees, and with external key opinion leaders; builds and maintains network with academic institutions/diagnostic companies in Oncology.
- Will work closely with clinical leaders to ensure translation strategy has maximum success rate supported by a developable biomarker
- Leads via internal and external collaborations the development of biomarkers and/or segmentation tools for internal decision making and/or as intended part of the product definition, whether to measure response (to aid dose finding or as surrogate endpoint) or to identify patient segments
- Ensure regulatory compliance of biomarker activities and drives biomarker qualification processes
- Independently analyses, interprets and presents results from biomarker analyses and draws scientifically valid conclusions that support and enable decision making
WHO YOU ARE
- Medical doctor (MD) and/or PhD in Pathology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or Genetics
- Significant and long-term industry experience with a proven track record of clinical development in oncology; understanding of pathophysiologies and therapies in oncology.
- Focus on early stage drug development in Immuno-Oncology, including experience with implementing biomarker strategies in phase I, regulatory framework for biosampling, translational medicine in Immuno-Oncology
- Outstanding scientific reputation as evidenced by multiple publications in peer reviewed journals and as speaker of conferences;
- Strong network in the academic and clinical community of Oncology
- Strong leadership skills, comfortable to marshal resources from different parts of the organization
- Fluent written and spoken English skills
Sie suchen eine Herausforderung, in der Sie Ihre Leidenschaft für Innovationen einbringen können? Sie möchten Teil eines globalen Teams werden und gemeinsam mit uns das Leben auf der Welt verbessern? Dann bewerben Sie sich online mit Ihren vollständigen Bewerbungsunterlagen (Anschreiben, Lebenslauf, Zeugnisse).
Bayer begrüßt Bewerbungen aller Menschen ungeachtet von ethnischer Herkunft, nationaler Herkunft, Geschlecht, Alter, körperlichen Merkmalen, sozialer Herkunft, Behinderung, Mitgliedschaft in einer Gewerkschaft, Religion, Familienstand, Schwangerschaft, sexueller Orientierung, Geschlechtsidentität oder einem anderen sachfremden Kriterium nach geltendem Recht. Wir bekennen uns zu dem Grundsatz, alle Bewerberinnen und Bewerber fair zu behandeln und Benachteiligungen zu vermeiden.
Funktionsbereich: Klinische Entwicklung