Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
External Innovation & Partnering Leader Nutritionals or Digestive Health
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Co-development of external Innovation Strategy for the category Digestive Health or Nutritionals.
- Understand Category, Consumer and Innovation trends to initiate, develop and deliver mid-long term external innovation for the category Digestive Health or Nutritionals.
- Identify and provide initial scientific evaluation of new technologies, ingredients and trends and their market applications
- Surveillance of emerging technologies that could impact existing brands.
- Execute the external innovation process based on the want/find/get/manage approach thereby support Business Development & Licensing, Merger & Acquisition and Procurement to acquire rights to opportunities.
- Build strategic partnerships for innovation with external parties, including the evaluation of in-licensing and acquisition opportunities.
- Play a key role in understanding the category ecosystem and partners who operationally or strategically contribute to reach the pipeline goals.
- Managed, design, organize and co-ordinate events with ecosystem partners. Co-ordinate Bayer´s presence at major innovation events.
Who you are
- Higher scientific degree in Chemistry, Biology or Bio-Chemistry or Personal Care equivalent area with a minimum of six years’ proven experience in the areas of innovation or product development in Consumer Care industry.
- Demonstrable experience in successful open innovation processes from brief, search, find and acquisition phases.
- Knowledge and experience in how to best leverage external innovation platforms to source innovation along with being able to identify innovative partnerships and be able to execute collaboratively on these.
- Experience in technology surveillance building technology ecosystems that describe the relationship between the technology, supplier, developer, and clinical testing.
- Ability to work credibly across technical and commercial disciplines and influence those colleagues and stakeholders not in direct line of management.
- A commercial mindset and in-depth understanding of the category from a scientific perspective.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and influencing skills to ‘sell’ the solutions into the business.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_25]
Entry Level: 5