Customer Journey Analytics Lead
Your tasks and responsibilities
The Data Science and Advanced Analytics (DSAA) is part of the Digital and Commercial Innovation at Bayer Pharma. We are globally responsible to define, develop and execute the Data Science, AI, Machine Learning and Advanced Analytics strategy. Based on this we translate data into insights and insights into business actions through deep business understanding. We are a growing global data science organization covering all Therapeutic Areas and markets for Bayer Pharma.
The Customer Journey Analytics Lead is working directly within commercial operations teams of countries in EMEA and with the cardiovascular Therapeutic Area (TA) globally to develop data driven customer engagement strategies, enable planning through to execution and optimization, providing Country / BU / TA management and team members with advisory on integrated customer engagement strategies and tactics derived through execution of advanced data analysis. Main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Design, implement, measure and optimize customer engagement journeys leveraging data and analytics.
- Design analytical models and processes to create or modify customer journeys while activating a brand plan, measurable insights and provide recommendations into commercial strategies and tactics for key products in key markets, eventually to be scalable across the brand portfolio in EMEA.
- Responsible for key aspects along the data modelling cycle: from definition of business questions and hypotheses, to data sourcing and preparation, model development, and insight generation. Output of these analyses will be the basis for strategic resource allocation by Business Unit and Marketing leadership.
- Close collaboration with other functions (e.g. Commercial Business Insights, Integrated Multi-channel Marketing) to advice, and support Business Unit (BU) leadership in various types of advanced quantitative analyses, including but not limited to: Multi-Touch Attribution, AI driven content personalization, Advanced Segmentation & Targeting, Conversion modelling, etc.
- Manage onshore and offshore resources, as well as in house and external consultants.
- Development and evaluation of global commercial experiments and pilots from data generation on platforms like Salesforce, Veeva, Google Analytics, Drupal, etc. through to KPI definition, model deployment and action optimization.
- Demonstrating thought leadership and content expertise in customer analytics, data science and implementation of solutions to business partners and major markets, including development of key training programs.
Who you are
- Graduate degree in quantitative field (Statistics, Management Science, Operations Research, Engineering, Finance, Applied Mathematics, Mathematics, Business Administration etc.)
- 6+ years of progressive data science and analytics work experience, of which 3+ years of recent experience in healthcare related industries (pharmaceuticals, consumer health, insurance or care providers) with focus on customer engagement, or other industries (e-commerce, financial services, travel consulting) with experience in developing and deploying data driven customer engagement strategies
- Experience in Multi-Touch Attribution, AI driven content personalization, Advanced Segmentation & Targeting, Conversion modelling, recommendation engine for sales force and marketing systems, journey optimization, simulation, and/or decision analysis
- Comprehensive understanding of personalizing customer experience through programmatic media, CRM, search, e-commerce and mobile apps from data generation through to optimization a huge plus.
- Experience in Machine Learning and AI a huge plus.
- Proficiency and experience of in R, Python, and/or SQL is highly desired. Proficiency in data visualization tools like Tableau is a plus.
- Experience in handling and analyzing various internal and external commercial data types (e.g., customer data from Salesforce.com, Veeva, Google Analytics, Drupal, etc. and sales data sources like IQVIA, Cegedim, patient longitudinal, claims data, distribution, demand, units, promotion)
- Ability to influence cross-functional and upper management to impact decision-making; Willingness to “have an opinion” backed up by insight and analytics and the confidence to influence key stakeholders in meetings and one to one basis.
- Strategic business acumen, focus on results, passion for keeping up with media and technology trends. Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proven track record of professional success in analytics role
- Fluency in English
This position can be either located in Germany (Berlin) or Switzerland ( Basel).
Functional Area: [sap_fa_19]
Entry Level: 5