Commercial Reporting & Visualization Lead
Your tasks and responsibilities
The Data Science and Advanced Analytics (DSAA) is part of the Digital and Commercial Innovation at Bayer Pharma. We are globally responsible to define, develop and execute the Data Science, AI, Machine Learning and Advanced Analytics strategy. Based on this we translate data into insights and insights into business actions through deep business understanding. We are a growing global data science organization covering all Therapeutic Areas and markets for Bayer Pharma.
As the responsible for Commercial Reporting & Visualization, you will lead the global reporting, visualization and insights generation for all commercial processes. In this role, you will manage the end-to-end data aggregation, data interpretation, KPI generation, visualization of KPIs and core insights, and digital measurement framework for Bayer Pharma Marketing and Sales.
You will also be accountable for developing, and executing reporting and insights for all Pharma Commercial activities (Marketing, Sales, Strategic Decision Making, Digital and Market Access), key deliverables includes:
- Central reporting for the markets and business units, scalable from both individual to Region level
- Define, harmonize, agree and deliver relevant KPIs with the Business Units
- Sponsor strategic partnerships, capability development while leading and driving innovation aligned with the latest technology.
In this role, you will lead and influence significant levels of business change and collaborate extensively with business partners in the global Therapeutic Area marketing and Commercial Operations teams in key markets across the globe.
You will also collaborate with internal and external alliances and data providers to ensure global delivery of end-to-end commercial reporting activities to timely and high-quality standards across the Data Science & Advanced Analytics portfolio. Being accountable for driving a global culture of delivering to established milestones with the highest degree of customer satisfaction, emphasizing communication and transparency of operations. Other tasks are:
- Lead design and implementation of Bayer Pharma Commercial Reporting Suite. Capture and report on all KPIs and measurements required for the key commercial activities and data.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders across Marketing, Commercial Operations, IT, and within Data Science & Advanced Analytics team to seek alignment and harmonization of reporting globally, ensure review of KPIs and findings to be incorporated into part of key Business Processes.
- Ensure globally, that Commercial reporting, dashboards and advanced analytics purposes have high integrity, high quality, timely and fit for purpose to meet the needs of Commercial organizations.
- Working closely with IT and data providers to ensure the implementation and ongoing development of global reporting platform ensuring alignment to global Data Science & Advanced Analytic strategy
- Oversee and guide establishment of asset level strategies to ensure consistency, efficiency, and excellence in the application of standards, and establishment of advanced, predictive data monitoring practices.
- Develop Digital Measurement Framework to ensure we monitor and optimize digital campaigns and digital engagement with our customers and patients
- Constantly assess external partner landscape for new data sources, innovative approaches that can expand and enable our visualization agenda in Pharma Commercial
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with collaborators and suppliers, and ensure appropriate oversight to enable fit for purpose delivery of Commercial data
- Overseeing resources, budgets, contingency plans, risk mitigation and issue management to drive project outcomes. Ensure delivery to agreed scope, time, cost, quality in alignment with stakeholder expectations
Who you are
- Post-graduate degree (Master’s/Ph.D) in quantitative field (Statistics, Management Science, Operations Research, Engineering, Finance, etc.) OR Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field combined with MBA from globally leading school
- 6+ years of commercial data management work experience, of which 3+ years of recent experience in Pharma industry. Global experience is highly desirable.
- Hands on experience handling and analyzing key Pharma commercial internal and external data types (patient longitudinal, claims data, sales data like IQVIA data, Cegedim, CRM data (Veeva, SF.com etc) , Sales Force efficiency data, data related to marketing, promotional activities, financial data)
- Hands on experiences with collecting, integrating, reporting and analysis of Digital Marketing metrics.
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to drive multiple high profile, cross-market projects to successful completion in parallel, on time and within budget.
- Ability to influence cross-functional key stakeholders to impact decision-making; Willingness to “have an opinion” backed up by data and the confidence to influence key stakeholders in meetings and one to one basis is required.
- Proficiency in data visualization tools like Tableau is key. In addition. Proficiency and experience of in R, Python, and/or SQL is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as demonstrable in oral management presentations, succinct PowerPoint stories and layout, as well as structured syntheses and recommendations
- Ability to manage undefined scopes and put structure into large-scale ambiguity
- Fluency in English
This position can be either be based in Berlin (Germany) or Basel (Switzerland).
Functional Area: [sap_fa_19]
Entry Level: 5